Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Little Ballerina, Mia

Love Makes Everything Nicer

A wonderful thing happened to me the other day...my son called and asked if I could take Mia to dance class--as busy as I was, I said yes, without thinking of the consequences of giving up a few hours of my day to spend with my little dancer! The memories of my grandma taking me to dance class rushed back without any warning... As I stood behind the glass watching her prance and spin around the studio my grandma's spirit came for a visit and I just took a few deep breaths and enjoyed the experience of that connection. The other moms in the waiting area were busy taking about their designer shoes, and upcoming social events, all the while texting and talking on their phones--but not this Mimi...I could not take my eyes off my little ballerina. At one point during the rehearsal I even said, "Is it just me, or is my granddaughter just the best dancer out there?" Oye! After I said it, I could hardly believe that I actually uttered those words out loud, but I quickly explained that I had 3 sons and 5 grandsons before Mia came along...I barely got a smile...then they went back to their texting! Oh well, she really was the best one out there!

On the way to dance class Mia and I had this conversation:

Mia: "Mimi, I am a lot like Belle."

Mimi: "Yes you are, she is also pretty and very sweet, just like you!"

Mia: " ...and, My daddy is a lot like the beast...sometimes he growls, but when I love him he gets nicer."

Mimi: "Love always makes everything nicer."  


Mia at Ballet Class


1 comment:

Brittany said...

stay proud. i was a proud mom at all of brits track meets a nd basball games. i was the only parent that ran the race with her along the route to cheer her on. the parents all just hung out and talked, brit was proud that i showed so much interest in her sports. she personally thanked me infronyt of her third grade turkey feast while every other student thanked their mom for their toys.. i was a proud mom.